Diplomatic Courier accepts submissions on a regular basis, including content for the various print editions (six regularly scheduled Diplomatic Courier editions and three special editions focused on the G7, G20, and APEC Summits), the Website, and the Blog. Contributors may also send other content for consideration, such as original Videos, Photos, and other Multimedia content. To submit your book manuscript or book idea, please email our publishing firm Medauras Global. Experts, young professionals, and students of global affairs alike, are all welcome to submit their content.
A special note to all contributors wishing to submit their manuscripts: Diplomatic Courier publishes only original content. If you have published your piece with another outlet (including blogging sites, and any other internet, digital, or print outlet), we cannot accept it. Authors wishing to publish with the Diplomatic Courier retain some rights to their work, however, if they wish to republish their articles or blogs in their personal blogs after said works have been published in the Diplomatic Courier, they must properly attribute the Diplomatic Courier and link back to the Courier’s website. Failure to do so will result in immediate removal of the piece from our website and server. If you have any questions about this policy please contact us.
Before submitting an idea or piece of writing, consider the following guidelines first.
Read our stuff first. Take a good look at the content we publish; it can serve as template for what we accept and what we don’t.
Send us an abstract and a working title. A short paragraph that describes your thesis and conclusions will help us find a spot for your piece. A working title would be just as helpful, but avoid the obvious. We receive too many pieces named: “Middle East Process” or “Conflict in Africa.” We take too long to look at them. Choose a title that reflects on the unique purpose of your piece.
Consider topics fitting to Diplomatic Courier. From time to time the Courier’s editors will choose a special theme and topics for an issue. However, in general, submissions can cover any topic of the author’s choice that is in line with the publication’s mandate and general themes of global affairs, diplomacy, negotiations, and conflict resolution. Consider that the audience of the publication is global; therefore, issues should be relevant to our audience.
Don’t pitch your company or organization. Is your piece about a product or service that you are paid to promote? Diplomatic Courier will not accept any content designed to advertise your employer, client, or organization. You are, of course, free to mention your work as a disclosure on your bio, but it should not distract from the content you submit for publication. Branded content can be directed to our Business department. Email us for more information.
Avoid wonky language and insider jargon. Choose an engaging and accessible style, and consider that your audience is the world.
Tell us who you are. Give us a short bio that tells us who you are, and about your interests and aspirations. If possible, include a resume or prior clips.
Follow the particulars. Submit your article with your information in a word document (devoid of complicated graphics or fonts). Do not include footnotes, endnotes, or a list of references. Hyperlinks are welcome and will be included when the article is published online. However, please do not link to Wikipedia. Any accompanying graphics, photos, graphs, or tables should be submitted on a separate document. We will not return any material, so do not mail us original documents.
Below are the types of submissions we accept:
- Web Features: 600-800 words
- Print Features: 1,000-1,200 words
- Videos: email here with your proposal
- Photography: email here with your proposal
- Book Manuscript: email here with your proposal
- All other content: email our editors inbox
Email your content to the editors. In the email subject title, please include “Submissions” and your submission’s working title. We usually take about 1-2 working days to get back to you with a decision.
Before we can accept any Content from you now or in the future, please confirm that you have read and agree to this Submissions Agreement (“Agreement”), which will govern any Content that you provide to us that is accepted for publication on the Site.
- We do not wish to receive or hold any materials from you in confidence. Therefore, you agree that no confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy is established between you and us with respect to your Content. You irrevocably agree not to assert any claim of idea appropriation, misappropriation, or any other similar claims of any kind with respect to your Content.
- If your Content is accepted for publication, you can promote yourself and broadcast your voice to our audience. Please understand, however, that we may publish without restriction other content on the same or similar topics as that of your Content. We make no representations, warranties, or promises whatsoever regarding the nature or level of exposure that you or your Content will receive through our publication, and you agree that we have no obligation to you under this Agreement, or under any law, or in equity, in connection with any of your Content that we may use. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, quiet enjoyment, or fitness for a particular purpose.
- We do not publish “Anonymous” content and do not guarantee that your identity will not be revealed by other on the internet should you send us content under a pseudonym.
- You should not provide us with any Content that is private. Anything published by Diplomatic Courier will be available to anyone on the internet. You are solely responsible for any legal or other repercussions that occur as a result of your Content posted with us. We assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from your Content.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit the Content, remove the Content, and benefit commercially from the Content.
- You represent and warrant to us that (a) you are 18 years of age or older and have provided us with your real name and contact information; (b) the Content is an original work created by you that has not been published elsewhere; (c) you own the copyright in the Content; (d) the Content does not contain any express or implied statements of fact that are untrue, false, or misleading; (e) the Content does not infringe the copyrights, trademarks or other rights of any third party; (f) the Content does not contain any viruses, worms, malware or other harmful or destructive material; and (g) the Content does not contain any defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, threatening, abusive, harassing, or similarly unlawful material. You will indemnify and hold us harmless against any damages sustained or expenses incurred (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) in connection with any claim, action or proceeding based on an actual or alleged violation of these representations and warranties.
- You acknowledge that there is no partnership, joint venture, employment, consulting or other such relationship between you or us (each a “Party” and together the “Parties”).
- The terms of this Agreement are binding upon, and will inure to the benefit of the Parties, including their respective licensees, successors, and assigns. We may assign, license or transfer any or all of the Rights you have granted to us to any other person or entity. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, there are no third-party beneficiaries to the Agreement.
- If any provision of this Agreement is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the Parties, and the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected or impaired, unless continued enforcement of the provisions frustrates the intent of the Parties.
This is the entire agreement between the Parties, and any changes must be agreed to in writing by the Parties. If you have read and agree to the above Submissions Agreement, you can send your submissions to email@example.com.