2011 Global Go To Think Tank Rankings
PLEASE NOTE: You must be viewing this page on an iPad in order to download the iBook file.
The 2011 Global Go To Think Tank Rankings marks the fifth edition of the annual report. As in previous years, the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) at the University of Pennsylvania’s International Relations Program has relied on the indexing criteria and process developed by James G. McGann for ranking think tanks around the world.
Ranking participants include:
- 793 expert panelists for all the regional and functional research categories
- 150 journalists and scholars with expertise spanning politics, think tanks, and civil society
- 55 current and former directors of think tank programs and networks
- 40 public and private donors
- 100s of think tanks
- >25-30 intergovernmental organizations
- 120 academic institutions
- 6,545 think tanks from 182 countries were invited to participate in the process
- 1,500 plus individuals from 120 countries participated in the nominations and rankings process
- Think tanks were nominated, and subsequently ranked, in 30 categories
- A total of 5,329 think tanks were nominated
- A total of well over 25,000 nominations were received across the 30 categories
- 202 think tanks were nominated as the world’s top think tank
A copy of the full report that includes the top think tanks in all 30 categories, the methodology, the nomination and ranking criteria can be downloaded at the International Relations Program web site at: www.sas.upenn.edu/irp/ or at www.gotothinktank.com.
Click here to download this iBook now.