For as long as we have published Diplomatic Courier we have published a special annual edition on International Women’s Day.
In 2012, for the first time, we also endeavored to list 100 Top Global Women representing some of the most important industries women have made an impact on worldwide: diplomacy, politics, business, philanthropy, media, and law–a challenging and inspirational initiative.
We followed tradition adding some extraordinary women to our growing list. As in years past, this year’s Top Global Women were nominated by their peers for being inspiring and at the top of their game.
The 2014 list includes:
- • Ana Margarita Vijil Gurdian, President, Sandinista Renovation, Movement Political Party, Nicaragua
- • Robichaud Assétou Sangare, General Secretary, Yelema Political Party, Mali
- • Edie Fraser, CEO of STEMconnector™
- • Erika Veberyte, Director of WDN at the International Republican Institute
- • Erna Mesic, Municipal Councilor, Municipal Council of Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- • Fumbi Chima, Vice President and Chief Information Officer for Wal-mart Asia
- • Mariam Safi, Co-founder and Director, Organization for Policy Research and Development Studies, Afghanistan
- • Michele Manatt, Consultant and Commentator on U.S. foreign policy
- • Michele L. Sullivan, President, Caterpillar Foundation
- • Sameena Imtiaz, Founder and Executive Director, Peace Education and Development Foundation, Pakistan
- • Samia Melki Fessi, Coordinator, International Relations Commission, Ettakatol Political Party, Tunisia
- • Daw Sandar Minn, Member of Parliament, House of Representatives, Burma
- • La Celia A. Prince, Ambassador of St. Vincent and the Grenadines to the United States
Congratulations to all the women honored this year!
Diplomatic Courier honors the Top Global Women who have worked to improve the world. All of the women are nominated by peers, and while some may be famous and others are not so well known, all of them are deserving of this honor, and much more. Diplomatic Courier’s editors work year-round to select top women to be featured in this special ebook edition. Women are profiled, interviewed, or are invited to pen editorials about their work. Do you know of an extraordinary woman who deserves to be honored for her work? Nominate her to be a 2015 Top Global Woman. Is there someone we missed? Send your nominations, including a short biography and links of where to find more information, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UN Photo/Ky Chung.